"It's better to be by oneself than to settle for something less than you deserve." -ETK Amen, sister.
I was with some girlfriends recently and one of the girls (God bless her she, makes Loud seem quiet) made the comment that the reason that she is so good at changing the subject is b/c she was single until she was nearly 30. To prove her point she turned to me (the only single girl in the group) and asked me who I was dating, fully expecting me to change the subject. Of course, I missed her point entirely and replied, "no one". :-)
Wednesday, March 29, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
5 comments:
I always hated this question as well. If someone wants me to know, they'll tell me.
Personally, I just don't see the problem with saying "no one". Why change the subject? :) Ahhhh, one day, women will be happy, content and PROUD to be single. It displays your strength and choosiness not an inability to meet/catch men. :)
BE PROUD SISTER!
I agree with ETK although I still didn't like it when people I don't know very well would ask as I just don't like nosy people.
ETK - That was what I told her after she informed me that I was supposed to change the subject. :)
Sure there's some downside, but when the afternoon chat was over and half of us wanted to go shopping, I was the only one who didn't have to "check-in", nor did I have to utter that wonderful phrase, "Husband is going to kill me for spending $$."
LOL, that's what you should say everytime someone brings it up - at least I don't have to check in or report back. I can spend all my $$ the way I want to! :)
Post a Comment