Yes, I know that it's Wednesday. However, Loud suggested that I post this article so that her group can consider using it as a Tuesday Essay Topic. No, I will not be participating in the Tuesday Essay hoopla, I am merely providing a potential topic. Not to mention, that a) let's be grateful that I'm finding time to post at all - no way you're getting a whole essay out of me and b) my to do list for next Tuesday has one item on it: quit job. I'm thinking about adding a second: celebrate - I'll let y'all know.
Here's the link: Getting Happy
If the link goes bad on us, let me know and I'll copy the article. I'd rather not post it here unless absolutely necessary, copyright infringement & all.
Wednesday, January 09, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
There's a book called the "Progress Paradox" that's somewhat along the same lines. It's about how we have so much more than people did 50 years ago yet we're less happy and pine for those times.
My favorite part of the article:
"I always thought love causes marriage, but my data said marriage causes love," he said. "When you lock yourself in something you cannot get out of, you will find ways to be happier. . . . I do love my wife more than I loved my girlfriend, and they are the same person."
I agree that it's true. I definitely love MTH more than before we were married. Not sure if it's because we're stuck together though.
Glad you're back. I'm packing the Golden Compass right now. Now, you just need to remind me to bring it with me.
Post a Comment