The only item that I think I'll miss is the little white turtle planter. She was about 18" head to tail, stood about 8" tall, had a bonnet on her head, and came with four shoes that looked exactly like the shoes that caterpillars wear in the cartoons. I had pulled her out of the garage (where she's lived for 8 years, b/c I don't own plants), but I didn't bring the shoes - I was just going to clean her up a bit.
This couple came up and the man had this Jules (Pulp Fiction) vibe about him. He looked a little like Steve McQueen and he really seemed to be a little "over" the whole garage sale scene. Wifey handed him her purchases (seems like she bought this huge tin tray and a old stock pot...) and commented on the turtle. I got the shoes to show them and she asked me how much I wanted for her. I really wasn't sure that I wanted to sell her, so I hemmed a little, with an, "I don't know what she's worth." The man spoke up (although he still looked bored) and offered $10. His wife quickly stated that it wasn't worth $10 and offered $5. I told her that I'd just keep her if I couldn't get more than $5 for her - she passed. It was all a very pleasant transaction; they paid for their other stuff and headed up the driveway. A few seconds later, the husband came back down the driveway and asked if I'd take $10 for the planter. Sold. To the man with the wallet that says, "Bad Motherfucker." <
I did get a good photo of Mr. Frog, though.
And a few of Tongs when he got into the jewelry...
3 comments:
Wow - a post :)
So, what does the basement look like now?
wow. who are you and what are you doing on this blog?? :D
Whatever happened to getting encouraged when you get back on the horse?
To the untrained eye*, the basement looks much the same as it did before... The chairs didn't sell and I have two sets of them. Although, there's more in the main room (aka the staging area) than in the storage (keeping area).
*if you haven't had to look at my basement daily for the last 8 years, you have an untrained eye.
Post a Comment