Tuesday, August 21, 2007

My Last Semester Break

Too much has happened. I've been too busy. Here's a quick recap.

July 20th - Took the third of four CPA exams. The score for this one hasn't been posted yet.

July 22nd - Spent the day studying for the fourth exam, decided to take a break and go for a quick walk in the neighborhood. Tripped over nothing, sprained my left ankle and took most of the skin off my knees. I spent several days on crutches and my left ankle is still swollen. My knees looked like hell. Whenever someone asks what happened to them, Tongs grins evilly, gives a thumbs up and says, "Carpet burn."

July 25th - Final final exam. The last one. It was in finance. The prof had given the class the choice of taking the exam or doing a massive group project. I was one of five people (out of ~30) who choose to take the exam. Just before he gave us the test, a couple of my classmates jokingly asked if they could change their minds and spend the final exam time doing the project instead. He told them that it would have to be an amazing presentation and that it would have to include me doing that famous Russian dance (see July 2nd).

July 28th - AOW, Bossmare, & BDog gave me a surprise graduation party. They kept it small (two other couples besides Tongs & me) and made sure that I got plenty of time with the Filly. She's growing like a weed and I read Where the Wild Things Are to her. Mostly she just wanted to eat the pages, but we growled along with the wild things at the appropriate times. G-money and his Queen made a brief appearance - it was the first time that I'd seen them since their wedding in November.

July 30th - Graduation. On a Monday night. Don't get me started. The parentals + Goober came up for the big event.

We had post graduation dinner at an Italian restaurant close by and stuffed ourselves silly.

July 31 to August 6th - Studied for the fourth CPA exam ad nauseam.

August 3rd - BDog becomes the Most Tolerant Roommate EVER, as the Butler & the Brazilian temporarily move into our home. Isabel refuses to leave BDog's bedroom for a week.

August 7th - CPA exam # 4. Hopefully the last.

August 8th - Tongs & I leave for the Space Coast. Made it down there in time to go see the shuttle launch.

August 9th - Spent time on the beach.

August 10th - Spent time on the beach.

August 11th - Drove from one beach to another. We took A1A from Daytona to St. Augustine. If you haven't done that before, I highly recommend it. Assuming that you are into scenic beach drives on a two-lane highway.

August 12th - Spent time on the beach. Tongs' friend Ohm went out to the beach with us and did a little fishing from the shore. He caught a grouper and three sharks. The sharks were little fellas, but vicious looking none the less. Spent several hours on the beach after midnight watching for meteors. Tongs and Ohm saw a good many, I saw a few and slept a lot.

August 13th - Spent time at the pool.

August 14th - Spent time on the beach. Had dinner with the parentals + Goober at a fish camp on the Altamaha river. Tongs got to see a live 'gator in it's natural habitat for the first time.

August 15th - Attempted to watch the sunrise over the ocean. There were too many clouds. Picked up Goober and drove back to ATL.

August 16th - 20th Goober visited and cooked at least one meal for us every day. We had lemon & honey shrimp kabobs, seafood linguine, and crepes. The crepes were so good that we requested them a second morning.

August 19th - I turned 33. Goober made cream cheese danish for my birthday breakfast. Tongs and I set to work organizing the basement. For a birthday gift, the Butler and his Brazilian moved their stuff into position for transfer to storage. W00t!

August 21th - Went to visit Smileybutt and meet my pseudo-nephew Deuce. Deuce and I got in some snuggle time, Smileybutt and I caught up on the details of his birth.

There. Now you are caught up.

2 comments:

Mouse said...

Yay!!!
Congratulations!!
Happy Birthday!!
Peace!

MMH said...

I forgot about ol' Defoors Creek. :)

MTH and I have the Golden Compass and have already read it. I will try to remember to bring it with me.