So I doubled my course load this semester. At least there are 15 weeks in this semester instead of the compressed 8 weeks in the summer. Semesters are stupid. Quarters was the way to go.
July Update:
Tongs took another section of his CPA exam in July. It was a miserable experience for us both. This particular section is the section that scares me the most, so seeing him get stressed about it was pretty scary for me, especially since he is such a high-performer. Of course, he passed and now only has one more section of the exam to complete.
One of the B&F gang was renewing their vows in South GA, so we took a trip to Jekyll Island for a long weekend right after Tong’s exam. Jekyll is deserted. It’s really kind of bizarre. During my childhood it seemed as though Jekyll was overrun with people, but now it’s a quiet, quiet place. We visited St. Simons for lunch one day (Best Crabcakes: The Sandcastle in The Village) and for dinner our last evening there (Best Bizarre Appetizer: The Blackwater Sundae @ The Blackwater Grill – Cornbread, topped with Brunswick Stew, topped with cole slaw, all in a Sundae glass). Tongs got to see me get spooked when we tried to walk up to Christ Church, after dark, in the rain. He was all curious, I could only think about the bloody marsh and all the ghost stories that I’d heard as a child.
We also took a trip to Nashville the last weekend in July to be at the Will Kimbrough CD release party. DC & KH played hostesses to us that weekend, and better hostesses could not be found! The show was loud, rockin’ and hot – Grimey’s basement didn’t quite have the A/C capacity to handle the crowd. It was good to see my fellow Kimbrough/Snider/Womack fans at the pre-show event.
August Update:
Tongs has been studying for the last section of the CPA exam and I have been trying to decompress from the effects of last semester. Now August is over. I always try to lay-low during August, since my tag taxes and insurance come due, the termite contract has to be renewed, the water heater implodes and has to be replaced (ok, so that doesn’t happen every August) so I haven’t been doing much that involves going or spending, nor will I be for the next few months here.
Tuesday, August 22, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
8 comments:
So who is Tongs?
The boy.
=) Couldn't resist.
Tongs this & Tongs that & Tong and I & me and Tong...blah, blah, blah.
Why are we calling him Tongs?
Hey- y'all complained that I hadn't posted. We all read dooce, so we all know that I can't post about work. So if I don't post about my time with Tongs that leaves you with reading about school. Next post: XBRL - Improving Financial Statements for Investor Use.
I still don't get the nickname...
I just want to see a picture.
I concur with all of the above...
Post a Comment