Two or three weeks ago, Slim discovered that he can open the glass door and get onto the set of The Squirrel and Chipmunk Show, if only he is determined enough. For about a week, he spent hours in front of the glass door pushing at the bottom, rattling the latch, which sometimes gave and then the door would pop open ever so slightly. He seems to have forgotten about it, since the front door was not open while BDog & I were away. I have video of his efforts - he does a complete barrel roll trying to get the door open. Pretty funny, if you're a cat lover.
Tongs has introduced me to the marvelous world of Sister Mozelle. Saturday nights, AIB, 10pm, Sister Mozelle's Gospel Showcase (no link available). During her half-hour show, she spends about 80% of the time thanking her sponsors, which she names off one-by-one and comments on their business, and the remaining 20% is portions of gospel clips. The gospel is good. The advertisements are better. Tongs has promised me a trip out to Satterwhite's Southern Feast, where the buffet does not sit all day getting cold. Oh no, they keep changing out that buffet, so that the food is always piping hot and fresh. We are going to be sure to tell them that we appreciate their sponsorship of Sister Mozelle's show when we get there, too.
Two exams have been taken, two more to go, assuming that I've passed the first two. I'm also taking a finance class this summer, which will finish my degree. W00T! Of course, the funds are running low, very low - since I am only enrolled in one class this semester, I can't get any additional financial aid $$ (the financial aid office actually suggested that I find some BS class to take, so that I could get financial aid money. My response: spend more money and time to get a loan? Thanks, but no thanks!). So as much as I want to meet up for coffee/dinner/lunch/whatever if you are local or come for a visit if you live outside the metro area, it's not likely during the next few months. If anything changes, you'll be the first to know, though.
Tuesday, May 22, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment